Saturday, June 13, 2009

Treasures



Alexander has a little car that he likes to drive around on in the house. The seat lifts up to reveal a "secret compartment" where Alexander apparently puts all of his treasures. Here are some items he had inside when I opened it up

-diaper rash cream (every kids treasure:O)
-can of root beer (Alexander LOVES root beer)
-golf ball
-my gold watch necklace
-magnet letter and number
-a car
-blocks
-puzzle piece from his favorite puzzle
-a dice (He loves to play Yatzee)
-play cutting board (he loves to pretend cook and play with play dough.)
-word cards (we play matching games with and identify objects.)



Oh, I can't forget his tent....he loved this tent to destruction. When I have a moment, maybe I will be able to fix it. This is where he enjoyed taking naps and parking his car full of treasures.




So as for MY treasures beyond my husband, darling kids and the beautiful flowers in the fantastic planter box Gordon made (pictured above)...my newest treasure has to be this ARCHERY BOW from my dear friend Jennifer.

I know you archery gurus will cringe when you see the pose....know that I was just "goofing around" when Gordon took this picture. I still have to get it adjusted and purchase some arrows. I'll have to practice so I can be some kind of competition for my "Wagner-betty crocker-warrior princess-Shimai-dear friend".



As for Gordon's treasures...well I think that it has to be the garden. That and his golf clubs. I'll post new garden pictures soon. It is looking amazing!

3 comments:

Daddy Jones said...

That is so cool. I will have to tell her to look at this. She will be excited that someone else is into archery. Oh... add Bethany's email to the list of viewers please.

Jeremy & Jennifer said...

Good form! You'll soon be addicted to archery, but it's so fun! I was really hoping it was the right size for you.

I'm pretty impressed with Alexander's stash. It looks like he's been working on it for a while!

Allisha said...

I love this post. Ezra does the same thing with his car. I try to remember whenever I'm missing something to check his car. :) Your flowers look great and I love that you'll doing archery. What a neat talent. Keep us posted on that.