Thursday, May 31, 2012

Trip to Missouri


On the 18th of May, the day after Alexander's preschool program we left for Missouri with my mother. It was a rather eventful travel. We split it into two full days of driving. The first day we stayed ahead of a storm but the winds were blowing 35+ miles and hour. Alexander threw up in a plastic bag and when my mother went to dump in on the side of the road the wind blew the bag open out of her hand and it splattered both her and me. 

We were back on the road. A few minutes later Alexander threw up again, but this time he didn't have anything to catch it with besides his baby blanket..his pillow...and his lap. It was awful. When I pulled over to let him out the wind whipped the door open so hard it knocked it out of position. The next 24 hours of driving consisted of hearing the wind howl since the door wouldn't shut properly. 

Despite the few "hiccups" it was a decent and beautiful drive. 



As we were looping around Kansas City we came around a bend in the road
to discover this beautiful building. We made a stop at the Stake
Center next door and were able to use the restroom and let the kids
play with toys in the nursery. We had the chance to visit with
a couple young ladies who told us her parents and Aunt and Uncle were getting
married in the church and then getting baptized right after. She and her siblings
had been baptized two months before. The gal was glowing.

I love how no matter where I go, when I find a "Mormon" church
I feel at home and the people are so welcoming. 



This is what Lincoln looks like in his car seat. 

The day after we arrived to Grandma's house it POURED down
rain. The only other place I saw this kind of rain
was in the jungle on Brazil. If lightening had not be popping
I would have run in the warm rain.


Several days later we headed out on the Boy's first
camping and fishing trip.  



Patient baby Lincoln fishing morning. 



Alexander caught two rainbow trout and
William caught one. Me, I just managed to catch
a tick. Mom had to pull it out when we got home.




Everything is so green and lush in Missouri. I love it.


Playing in the river.



The dead crawdad we caught. I couldn't
catch a live one and I wanted to show
the boys what they looked like. This would
have to do. They were fascinated.






Mom and William being silly with the camera.
Can you tell I was relaxed?





HI DADA!

Ben went to lay down in the tent when he felt a
bump under the sleeping bag. He thought it was a
rock but when we looked under the tent we found
this turtle. It was the first big turtle
my boys had ever held or seen up close. 





Since coming back from camping we have gone to the
public swimming pool and have had many days
playing in the water outside. 







On Memorial morning my parents church ward
held a breakfast and fun run. The boys originally
did not want to run but once they got there and saw
everyone cheering and having fun they wanted to race.
So we signed us up, got our numbers and ran the half
mile primary race.  At first Alexander was staying in the
back with William and me but I told him, "Drive fast like
Lightening McQueen." That boy took off in strap
sandals and came in first place for his age group.
This boys loves to run!

This was Alexander and Williams first running
race ever. William was proud of his number.
He ran well. 

Today since it was cloudy and cool we went
to the Zoo. It was perfect since not many
people were there and the weather wasn't baking hot
with energy draining humidity. 


0 comments: