Monday, August 13, 2012

Updates


Finally I have found a moment to update our family blog. I will start with the last week of June when we started our drive home from Missouri. The first day we headed for Independence where I had the chance to put flowers on my older sister's grave. I always wish there was someone I could call who would place flowers on the grave for holidays and "just because I miss you" days. Anyways it looked cheerful with the bright flowers.


We sat in the shade for a bit to let the kids run before we started driving again. William took these picture of us there as I was having a flood of memories from my childhood.  


We met my Great Aunt Pauline and cousins at Chuck-E-Cheeses for my little cousins birthday party. It was
the first time my kids had been there and they loved it. Alexander is already asking to go to a Chuck-E-Cheese for his birthday next week. The main reason why he wants to go is so he can play Mario Brothers/Kart since we don't allow video games at our home. He cracks me up.



 My Great Aunt Pauline and cousin Lauri. If you want to understand and know about my childhood you have to know my Aunt. She was a big part of my life and I can't think of her without a tear of gratitude for all she has done for me and my parents.
My cousin Lauri's daughters. Cute girls!
We stayed the night with my Aunt and headed home the next day. At one point in our two days of driving I turned around to find this view. Baby Lincoln's foot in William's face, both asleep.


A couple days after we got home daddy took the training wheels off Alexander's bike. I was a bit hesitant since we have a rocky drive but Alexander figured out how to ride in 5 minutes! He was proud! William is doing well riding his bike as well. It is so fun watching my kids grow up and do new things.
The Sunday after we got home our goat Cosette had her babies! A boy, Reese and a girl, Carmella.
 The boys have LOVED the goats. So have I.
 If there was a picture to capture summer, this picture would be it.
 My 11 month old baby Lincoln.
Gordon and I have been married for 8 years. Gordon bought these beautiful flowers. So cheerful. These flowers are a great representation of how our marriage has been. Bright, happy, cheerful and fun.
 Our little town had a 4th of July Parade. They threw tons of candy out. The boys were happy.

 We sat with our good friends and neighbors Colt and Mazie.
After the parade there was a little fair for the kids. Here are some pictures from the day. The kids trying to catch the small trout by hand.






I took Alexander and William iceskating on free-day. It was their first time. We arrived at 12:30 and it took us until 1 p.m. to get out on the rink. It took us another hour to get around the rink ONE time. I was exhausted, they were wet from falling but we sure had fun!






                                                   My 11 month old Lincoln. So handsome!
             I tried to take pictures of the boys together. These are what I got. They crack me up.










  My boys have been learning a lot about bugs. They have been fascinated with praying mantids. Alexander has one crawling up the arm.

                                                   My batbaby!

                I found this string of pictures on the camera one day. Alexander definitely takes after his father. :o)






                             We made a home made spider-man pinnate for when the cousins came to visit.


                                               I have another piano playing super hero in the family.
I was trying to take a picture of Lincoln's crazy hair and these are the pictures he gave me. This kids is a hoot.





                                                                 The finished pinnata.

                                                    Enjoying his first sucker.


                                    Another great hair style. And I thought my bed head was out of control.
                       When Jeff, Emily and the boys came to town they men and boys went to the cabin for the night and the girls did a night out in Salt Lake. The above picture is of Max and Lincoln (born 5 days apart). Each of them immediately went for the electronics in the hotel room.

                                                                   Rachel and Max.
                                                Aunt Emily and Aunt Cammie.
                                                          Cammie and cousin Eliza.
                                              Cousin Emma and Grandma Geri.
                                       The next day after walking the city in the evening we met up with the guys at the pool. We swam and then had pizza for dinner. It was a very fun day. We kept saying how we wished Uncle Greg's family and Aunt Julie's family could have been with us. It would have made the day perfect. Pictured above is William, Eliza, Christopher and Alexander.
                               Rachel, Jonah, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Emily, and Jonathon in orange.
                                      Emma, Grandma Geri, Levi, Aunt Cammie, and Caleb.
                      Ethan, Seth, Uncle Keith, Grandpa Jon, and Uncle Morgan arm. Sorry Morgan.
                                                             Gordon and baby Lincoln.
  Lincoln turned 1 ! He is a climber, helper, walker and mess maker. He is a happy boy who loves to snuggle. I weighed him and it showed 18 lbs.

                                                    Lincoln looking at his birthday cards.




                                        His first taste of frosting. Did he like it? Look below. :o)



                                                   Sporting his haircut. It make him look older! The same day we went to the store and no one confused him for a girl. Yippee!  (He is so beautiful that people would remark, "She is so beautiful" to which I would reply "he IS a very beautiful boy!)




                                                    Brothers playing with the birthday present.


 It was quiet in the house. I went to see what was going on and this is what I found. Yes, the blue stayed on his face for several days even after washing with soap. Silly William!


 On the 24th of July we went to another parade and fair near Grandma Geri's house. They had pioneer games and activities. Afterwards we went to Grandma's where the kids busted open the pinata and playing on the blow up water slide with cousin. So fun!











 So this is the children's view of us when we do shopping.

 Exhausted Lincoln.
We got another milking goat. Rita and her big baby boy named Cow.
Cosette and her babies Carmella and Reese.
Canned a bunch of jalapeno, pepper and onion relish. Put a bit of cream cheese on a cracker and then place a small spoonful of this relish on top. Happiness in the mouth!
The neighbors turkeys have been hanging around our house. They are very interesting looking creatures and funny to listen to. Still don't know if I am sold on the idea of raising our own next year. We'll see.

1 comments:

Great Basin Cowgirl said...

So fun to see these pictures, Alana! You've done much better at documenting your summer than I have. :) It was so fun to see you all... and we hope to come back again soon. Love you all.