Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The Sweetest Little Guy




The top picture is Alexander at 4 months. As you can see, he is such a fun little guy. As long as his diaper is changed, he is fed and is not tired, he is a happy, smiley baby. At his two month check-up he weighed 13.2 pounds and 25 inches long- the top 95% for height and weight. I am sure he is close to 16 pounds and is 26-27 inches long now. He already fits into 6 month clothes. He goes in for his 4 months appointment soon, so we'll keep you posted.

Alexander also has a strong personality. He is very vocal and makes it clear what he wants. He'll do little sqwauking sounds to get my attention and even then, after a couple times he eventually starts playing with something or falls asleep waiting. The only time he really gets fussy is when he is tired. Alexander LOVES his craddle. At first signs of fussiness, we'll put him in his bed and he will smile, giggle and then turn his face under the blanket and go right to sleep. He doesn't usually cry in the mornings to let me know he is awake. I just hear him talking and playing in bed. When I walk in, he gives the biggest grin. It makes my heart so happy.

Once he wakes up we read a couple of books which he enjoys. He just sits and watches what I point at for a good 10-20 minutes. He is starting to grab and turn pages with his hands. About a week ago we went to a Christmas musical/dance concert with my Aunt Jodie's family and Alexander sat through the whole 1 1/2 hour program on my lap spellbound my everything! I was shocked.

Alexander also seems to be a Daddy's boy. He will just stare and smile at Gordon when he is home or when we visit him at work. We put his new little blue bear pj's on him one night last week and started taking pictures of him laughing and smiling so adoringly at Gordon. That's when we took the picture above.

Alexander also likes to get his diaper changed and be stripped down for a bath. He always, without fail, smiles and giggles. Currently he puts everything in his mouth that he can find. Maybe he is teething?

As you can tell, I am a happy mother and wife. It is amazing how much happier our lives have become since Alexander came to be with us. Life just keeps on getting better and better.

2 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

that sounds like my boys! They are just so content! Wonderful Alana! It makes life so much easier when you have good kids! I love that little guy!

Tam

Grammy Carrie said...

Hey Gordon and Alana... He is such a cutie.. enjoy every minute of it.. because before you know it you will be getting e-mails from him from some far off country like Africa... and you will wish for just a little more time... I love you guys... Aunt Carrie