Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The report....

Well the nap for Alexander went well. At bed time he made a fuss for just a minute and then realized his freedom. He sat up and started playing with a toy that was on top of his bookshelf headboard. He played for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep! I placed our big padded decorative pillows along the bed on the floor. About two hours into his sleep he rolled off the bed. Gordon and I heard it happen, jumped out of bed and ran to his room expecting him to start crying, but he just laid there. He was still asleep!! I guess the pillows are soft enough. He woke up as I placed him back into bed.

45 minutes later I heard him fall again. It took him a second to wake up and start to fuss because he was disoriented. Again we placed him back into the bed, under the covers (which he wouldn't let us do originally) and tucked him in tight. He slept on his bed the rest of the night until I had to wake him at 7:30 this morning! He slept well, but I slept lightly, waking with every little sound thinking it might be Alexander walking around or falling off the bed. Hopefully we all will have a better night tonight. Overall, I think we are very close to a complete victory. Yahoo for big boy beds. :o)

0 comments: