Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chit- Chat

It has been awhile since I have posted a new blog with pictures. I haven't been the best lately at pulling out the camera. I have been swept away with the "nesting stage" of the pregnancy and I have gone crazy getting projects done around the house.

I think most of you know that I am a list person. In fact one of my favorite objects that would best describe me is my clip board with the lined notepad of paper. I like to write lists. On my clipboard the first page consists of things that MUST be done. The next page consists of other projects I would LIKE to get done. The next page has a list of each room of the house with things that need to be done. The pages after that include books I want to read before I die, gift lists for family friends, personal goals, people I want to call or write, items still needed for food storage, etc...etc. I think you get the picture. Anyways, at the beginning of the year my MUST list had over a 100 items to do. I have slowly been chipping away and finally in the last 2 months I have gotten the list down to 24 items. I am so excited.

Why do I like making lists?
For starters it helps my brain stay organized. Although there are times when the lists make my head spin, most of the time it helps me brake down my "to do lists." It helps me NOT to forget. Plus, once I write it down and if I want to go out and play, I can walk away from the clip board without fretting if I'll remember to do a task. I can come back and know exactly where to start again. In that sense, it allows my brain to relax. Less to keep in there. :o)

Anyhow, my lists are getting shorter and I am accomplishing a lot. It is nice being done with school so I can focus on being a mother and homemaker. It is the best. I feel that if William were to be born right now, I could just relax and not worry about a thing. Now that is a great feeling.

Speaking of William..he gets stronger and my belly gets heavier every day. I have been getting the "practice" contractions very frequently now. I have had to lower my exercise intensity. We went to the doctor today and the baby is weighing and measuring to come sooner than Christmas day. That would be great but I am not going to hold my breath. Alexander was a week late. We are so excited for his arrival.

So crazy me wants to experience a complete natural birth. I went 18 hours without medications with Alexander, so I think I could go the whole way this time around. The only problem is, is that if I am going to do it, I have to be 100% committed. As of right now I am 98% sure I want to. I know I could do it, but do I really want to experience all those final "sensations?" I asked my mother before Alexander was born what it was like to have a baby and she simply said,"When you get to the point that you want someone to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, that is when the baby comes." Not very reassuring, but honest.

At least our Father above knows how to prepare us mothers for sleepless nights. He starts making our beds uncomfortable, has the baby kick our bladders several times in the middle of the night so we have to make bathroom trips and gives us heat strokes, so that on average we are already waking up a minimum of 4 times a night (several months in advance) to prepare us for when we have to feed the newborn. Oh, and what is going on with crazy dreams?!

We have had a problem with huge spiders in our home. The exterminator came on Monday but on Saturday after seeing several in the home, I dreamt all night that spiders were crawling on my pillow and in the bed. I didn't get much sleep that night.

Should I even talk about the economy in this post? Actually there were several days after listening to talk radio that I was in a panic mode, but by Sunday I was calm again. Things will be fine. They may not be peachy perfect, but we'll be fine. We'll survive and we will still be able to succeed in achieving our goals. When there is a will, there is a way. Plus, if we are doing what we can to prepare our selves both spiritually and temporarily, God will bless us.

I had better stop blogging. This post is getting way too long as it is. It was nice to just type though. I'll try posting pictures within the next week. Tootles.

5 comments:

Dan and Lora said...

This was a great post...! Hope all is well..!

bestofthebishops said...

Pregnancy is fun, huh?! Those last few months are tough. It does prepare us though. If you decide to do it all natural--you are wonder woman! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.

It all began here said...

Speaking of going without medication, just an FYI, i did it 100% with abbey. It was hard, but one of the most amazing moments of my life. I realized that heavenly father made my body to have babies, completely and 100%. It was amazing. Then with Court, i labored for 36 hours with pitocin and no meds. After that long, no sleep and 100% exhausted with no sign of process, we did a c-sect.
but, i was gonna go without. Its 100% mind over matter.

Good luck!

hugs!

Lauren said...

I wanted to go natural too, but with my first, the pain was too much. Of course I could have done it, but if there's another option why go through it. With my second I still got an the meds, but I could have done it... The pain was so much less I think because it was number two. Everyone's body is different, but if you want to, I know you can do it!

Lauren said...

ok, obviously if I got them meds I didn't feel ALL the pain...I should have said that the pain leading up to delivery before I got the meds was less. I went a lot longer without this time(in terms of dilation) but the labor also went quicker.