Saturday, November 15, 2008

"The Cheese Press"

I love Gordon for many different reasons, but there is one particular characteristic I want to share with you. I love his passion for learning. There is not a day that goes by without him teaching me something new he looked up "how to do," "how it was made," or just interesting facts about random stuff. He will sit and think about what he has learned and try to make it better or find deeper meaning/understanding into the thought.




Gordon's latest "improved" invention, combined with the desire to learn how to make cheese the last several weeks, is his CHEESE PRESS. He finished making it this afternoon and is in the process of making cheese in the kitchen as I type. (I think the curds are separating from the whey at the moment.) I hope the cheese press works as well as he hopes - I think it will....the cheese press looks too awesome not to work! The first experimental cheese from last week is still aging in our fridge...only 17 more days to go until we can taste test. We'll let you all know how it turns out. If he masters cheese making, you will know who to call for the freshest cheese in town! You'll even know what you'll be getting for Christmas presents from here on out! :o)

1 comments:

Lauren said...

That is just amazing! I love doing things yourself. I hope it turns out good!