After pulling my stomach muscles a couple times in the last few weeks from lifting Alexander and then tripping over the little blue stepping stool in the hallway going into the the kitchen while holding Alexander, I was in pain. Alexander had already been fighting ear infections and who knows what else, so we all had little sleep for many nights in a row, combined with just being emotional from pregnancy, I finally called my mother-in-law to come take my boy away for the night. One night turned into two at grandma's request.
I am in the nesting stage so my first thoughts were to get busy cleaning and try to get a bunch of things checked off my "to do list," but I made myself lay down and do things that I WANTED to do. Such as, read a book and I actually watched a movie all the way through. My body thanks me now. I needed to rest.
Although it was nice having a physical break from my Alexander I missed him terribly! The house was too quiet and too clean! I missed my curious boy, his silly expressions and contagious smiles. It reconfirmed to me in the two days away from him that I would rather have toys spread around the house and take longer to complete my own personal projects than to have him gone. My heart would break. A happy boy and sane mother is more important than no finger prints on the glass. I welcome the messes - it means my boy is with me! :o)
P.S. Thank you so much grandma for taking such good care of Alexander. He sure had fun with you, Grandpa and Aunt Rachel. You all are such a blessing to me.
May Activities
13 years ago
4 comments:
I completely agree. What a sweet post. You are so kind. I hope your body is feeling much better now. Only a month til new baby is here!! So exciting!!
What a great momma. :) I am sure when Alexander and William are grown, you will have no regrets because you appreciated them so much.
We have sure missed you!
Alana,
I know what you mean by missing Alexander. Matt took Alexa this summer over night to Vancouver while I had to work, and the whole day before work I was at a total loss of what to do. I think I called my family every 5 minutes.
Wow, I am glad you didn't hurt the baby when you fell. Did you get checked out? I'm sure you did. I am excited to see pictures of your new little boy!
Alana, this is Andrea from the ward. I am sad we won't be seeing you guys as often anymore. Your little story about the messes is so cute! You are a wonderful Mom. I have watched you with Alexander and am so envious. I can only hope to be as good a mother as you are when my little girl arrives in February. Jill told me that you have done some babysitting for her and I was wondering if you are still going to continue doing that after you have your next baby. I am looking for someone to watch my little girl 1 day a week when I go back to work in April and just think you do an amazing job and are somebody I could trust. Think about it, and if you are interested e-mail me at Ticken_ea@yahoo.com and let me know! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
Post a Comment