I had to do a post about Alexander since I did one about William last night. How can a parent say they love one child over another? Asking me to choose would be like asking me what my favorite vacation has been. I love them all and for different reasons. I can't tell you just how much joy the boys have brought into my life but my heart often feels like it is going to burst! Alexander was a great way to start off our little family.
He is so full of life. He is a very energetic, curious little boy who learns so quickly.
Alexander is friendly, outgoing, always smiling and very trusting. His bright personality often brings smiles to strangers faces when we are in public.
Alexander is FANTASTIC at puzzles, loves books, cars and playing any kind of super hero, especially when he can carry around a pretend gun, sword, or bow and arrow.
This kid would live outside if I would let him. He is an explorer at heart. He has no fear that I can tell. (The only time I have seen him nervous enough to whimper was a couple weeks ago when we let him climb the indoor rock wall. He got up pretty high and looked down. He LOVED it though and says he wants his 4th birthday party there.:o)
When he was just barely 2 years old we went camping. Alexander disappeared from the main lodge where we were preparing dinner. I went outside to holler for him after not finding him indoors. I could barely hear his voice. There he was walking in the forest during a moonless night. No flashlight, nothing. Just happy as can be. Needless to say because he is fearless we have to keep close watch on him.
He has always been super tall and had advanced motor skills for his age that has allowed him to do a lot of dangerous stuff without him understanding the dangers of his choices. He is now able to make safe choices which has given him much more independence and allowed me to relax.
Did I mention that this kid loves to jump? He LOVES trampolines. He also enjoys jumping off anything that he could possibly jump off of in the house. Including his headboard as shown above. Alexander also enjoy dancing.
Alexander is our protector. If William cries when I have to put him on his bed for a time-out Alexander will come running to tell me to be nice to William. There have been times when I accidentally bumped into William knocking him down and Alexander will spank my behind and exclaim, "Don't hurt William!" If dad is tickling me Alexander and William will attack Gordon.
Alexander is a problem solver and super creative. He does great staying in bed at bed time and verbally reminds William to do the same.
He has a wonderful, enjoyable sense of humor which will be a blessing to him in his life. Yesterday after a meal Gordon said "I'm full", to which Alexander exclaimed "You're FULL of bologna dad!"
Alexander is a quick learner and says says things that take me by surprise. A couple months ago after we had gotten ready for bed Alexander ran, got a piece of paper and began to write. I said, "It is time for bed. Come on", to which he replied "I can't. I have to finish my speech." (I don't know where he learned about speeches.) I let him finish. When he was done he stood in the middle of the kitchen and proudly read the speech which consisted of proclaiming to me that he was going to be a hero and kill a dragon with his sword and bow.
Alexander's favorite movies are Disney's Cars and Ratatouilli. He loves to watch Curious George on the computer as well.
He eats about anything except for avocados which make him dry heave. He absolutely loves rootbeer, broccoli, tomatoes and homemade bread. Last spring we went to baby animal days at a local historic farm. The older cousins were daring each other to eat chocolate covered ants, dried warms and BBQ flavored crickets. Alexander walked right up and shoveled them in as fast as he could exclaiming "Yum, this is good!"
Alexander is very independent. He loves to cook and make his own fried eggs and waffles. (Really anything we'll let him make on his own) He knows how to properly hold a knife and cut vegetables and cheese. We wants me to teach him how to do everything himself. His most recent "I want to know how to do" is laundry.
This kid loves to give big bear hugs and kisses. He also enjoys snuggling with me and Gordon in our bed. I love Saturday mornings when we all are snuggled warm and safe in the bed together. Especially when I wake up to see Gordon and my sweet children's smiling faces. I am so blessed.
May Activities
13 years ago
1 comments:
What PRECIOUS blogs these are. It is obvious that little angels are the joy that keeps things in proper perspective for you. Now you know what I have felt all of your life. Wonderful!!
Post a Comment