I don't know if we have done a recent post on how much we love our Dad (my husband Gordon) Before I got married I had check list of qualities I was seeking for in an eternal companion. I had the top 5 "must haves" which were honest, faithful to the gospel and priesthood (which obviously included being true, chaste, virtuous,and served a mission), goal oriented, loves his family and mother..treating them with respect and lastly he had to be taller than me. The rest of the list consisted of "bonus" qualities such as the ability to play the piano, cook and doesn't snore. (The whole list was about 25 in length)
We'll I just have to tell you that Gordon met every single quality and characteristic on my list....plus some! He still surprises me with hidden talents and abilities after 6 years of marriage. Not only is he my husband and provider for the family he is also my lover, best friend, psychiatrist, chiropractor, chef, handyman, builder, manager, personal trainer, motivational speaker, professor, mechanic, farmer, gardener, organizer, spiritual advisor, leader, shofer, hair dresser, masseur, nutritionist, plumber, bee keeper, and so much more.
Most importantly he is so loyal and committed to me and the welfare of my entire being. I heard a quote once that reads, "To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten." Gordon has done that for me during my low times. The truth is Gordon is my song. He made my heart sing with happiness from the first time I met him and it hasn't stopped. I think we have something special and I am grateful Heavenly Father guided our paths to meet.
The pictures below are of chicken korma and nan bread that Gordon makes for us. We love this Indian meal. Gordon's cooking is so delicious and satisfying that many times William will fall asleep at the dinner table like in the picture below. I would too if I had a place to lay my head! :o)
We love you Gordon!
May Activities
13 years ago
1 comments:
You are so sweet! We are so glad to have you as neighbors!
Post a Comment