Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Little William

I have wanted to write a post about my little William since his birthday in December. The child has brought so much joy into our home.

He came into the world with me laughing with delight. (The doctors, nurses and Gordon exclaimed "He has a bunch of hair!" I felt the top of his head and started to laugh with happiness which pushed him right out. It was an awesome moment.) William has kept us smiling and laughing every since.

William is my snuggle baby. We take naps together almost everyday. He usually wakes up around 4 or 5 a.m to come lay next to me in my bed and we'll sleep until it is time to wake up for the day.

He is a bit bashful and reserved yet I call him my quiet clown because he likes to tease and make others laugh.

William is also very compassionate. If anyone is hurt his face shows empathy and he'll hug them or kiss the boo-boo. For his birthday in December he had a Curious George figure on his little cake that got burned a bit on the side of his head from a candle being too close. William was visually disturbed by the poor "hurt" monkey. He wouldn't touch him or his cake until I washed George, put a band-aid over the burn, kissed it better and handed it back to him. With sadness in his eyes he kept kissing Curious Georges head through out the night.

His favorite animals are horses and cats. During the year when the neighbors horses pasture next to my bedroom, every morning William would watch them from the window and exclaim with excitement "horse!" and then make horse sounds. If he sees a cat he instantly makes a meowing sound. He carries his stuffed cat and little plastic horse around all the time.

William is bit calmer than his older brother but is still a very curious busy bee...and a problem solver. If he needs a drink or is hungry he often times will climb to get his own cup or climb onto the table to get the peanut butter. This kid loves to eat peanut butter from a spoon just like his mom. He doesn't let me know he needs something. He just tries to get what he wants first and if he is not successful then he'll have me help. (Did I mention he is a climber? He climbs on EVERYTHING!)

William will lick the peanut butter off his bread but leave the bread. He insists on having cheese on crackers but will only eat the cheese. He doesn't like messy hands and is intrigued by bugs. Sometimes he'll walk around the house with a tissue, exclaim "Yuck bug" at the site of even a crumb. He'll pick it up and throw it away. At the same time he'll pick up real bugs outside with his fingers and bring them over to show me.

This cute guy has a wonderful imagination. Although Alexander and William are playing together more, William does well "creating and imagining" in self play. He has a command of the pencil and has held it correctly for the past year. He has great focus to details when coloring and writing.


He is currently fascinated with recognizing letters from the alphabet and colors. He also loves to wear his red super hero cape Grandma Kim made for the boys in August. He wears the cape just about everyday.

William has reached that point in toddler life where he tries to talk and communicate but we can't understand much of what he says so he often gets frustrated. His vocabulary is expanding though and he is really working on pronouncing what words he can say. (I think this is such and exciting time!)

Just like his older brother William has been going #1 in the toilet since he was 1 years old. We are so close to having him potty trained during the days. He finds joy in being a big boy and doing "big boy things" such as using the toilet and wearing underwear.

William loves to help me with chores. He favorite is helping me grind wheat. It is his responcibility to keep the wheat grinder filled up with wheat. William does a great job and hardly spills at all.

Before I knew I was pregnant one night when I was putting the boys to bed William pointed at my stomach and said "baby." I asked if he wanted a baby sister or brother and he nodded yes. A week later I found out I was pregnant. Since then William takes notice to every baby he sees or hears. Sacrament meeting consists or hearing William shout "BABY!" every time he hears a baby cry.

The other day he took the baby doll we have and took her cloths off, walked into the bathroom (I could see all of this from where I was sitting) and placed the doll over the toilet. He waited a minute then wiped the dolls behind with toilet paper, flushed the toilet then got the baby dressed, wrapped her in a blanket and gave the doll a kiss. William is going to be a great big brother.

We are so blessed to have our William. I could kiss his little face all day!

1 comments:

The Shorts said...

Am I the last person to know your pregnant? Congrats, that's awesome! When are you due? Oh, and by the way, your boys are the cutest!