We just barely escaped from the boys room. I was helping Alexander get his pjs on when William decided to lock the door and shut us in. It wouldn't be such a frustrating thing except Gordon was gone. I had shut windows to the house and placed the children's safety lock on top of the doors so the freshly bathed kids would not run outside again. So even if I climbed out of the kids window there would be no way to get into the house to unlock their door.
Thankfully I had a stiff hairpin in my hair which I bit into form to use as a makeshift "screwdriver" to undo the screws and take the door handle off. In the process I chipped my tooth and the texture of it is driving me crazy. Maybe I will actually remember to call the dentist. I've needed to go for a long time now. sigh......
That is probably the biggest adventure of the day besides getting sunburned from weeding the carrot bed, making little pizzas with the kids, watching Alexander and William practice writing, grinding wheat and refilling containers and soaking wheat in kefir to eat in the morning for cereal. I wonder if the kids will like it?
You ask about the milking adventure? It was a wonderful experience. I am definitely allergic to goats but hopefully it is a pregnancy thing and it will go away. The first morning I milked, Alexander woke up, opened the fridge and shouted with joy "MOM, LOOK, we have milk in a jar!" He drank half of the jar of fresh milk himself that breakfast. It brought me joy. I think we will get a goat this next spring. I am so EXCITED!
May Activities
13 years ago
1 comments:
Wow! you have a much more exciting life than I have. What fun memories. You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment