Friday, June 24, 2011

Why Did I Move Away From My Mother?

Hate is a strong word, but I have to say I HATE LIVING AWAY FROM MY MOM.

It would be so nice to have a "girls night out," or a place to go for some kind of emotional and physical reprieve when I am sick, injured or just plain exhausted from life.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have someone who loves your children as much as you do WANT to be with them, so they just randomly pick them up to do something fun, giving you a chance to get a weeks worth of errands done is 2 hours, organize or complete home projects or even have a date night with the spouse? Plus you know that they are in good hands.

Ya, that would be lovely.

1 comments:

Rachel Titus Parrish said...

Trials can be difficult, but no matter how far you are from loved ones, you can always take comfort in knowing that this time on Earth is so very, very short in our Eternal lives. You won't be so far away forever.

In many ways, being away from ALL my family has taught me so many invaluable lessons. I have found that I am stronger than I thought I was, more determined to grow and learn than ever before, and more flexible than I thought possible.

You really had it spot on; it is with your Eternal spouse by your side that you really find the help and support that you need. Of course, they can't always be there, but when they are, it can make everything seem possible.

Keep your head up! Being away from family can get easier. I never thought I would adjust to this crazy, small mining town, or being away from absolutely everything and everyone familiar, but I am so grateful that the Lord has shown me how, and has opened my eyes to all the many blessings I have in my life; even our rinky-dinky apartment, with no outside place for Jonathan to play. However, it did take a lot of prayer and fasting, asking Heavenly Father for the help to see things in a different light, until I finally was able to be more positive. But I know that if you do the same and have Faith in his plan for you and your darling little family, you can find comfort no matter where in the world you are, and especially no matter how far from your family you may be.

Love you all! You will be in my prayers.