Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Someday

Someday I will be able to post pictures on my blog again. We purchased a new computer which has Picasa 3 (which I have never used before)on it and I have yet to figure out how to edit and save pictures so I can post. I have a bunch of pictures. I better get this thing figured out before the baby comes. Grandparents and family will want to see the new little arrival. Just 5 more weeks!

I bet many of you have noticed that I got rid of my Facebook. Can I tell you what a relief it has been? Strange not being instantly connected, but nice to start having REAL friendships again. It is quite nice hearing a friends voice on the phone and talking face to face with a random visit. I still get giddy excited when a "snail mail" letter comes for me. I think everyone likes to get a personalized letter in the mail once in awhile as well. I purchased a stationary set yesterday. :o)

My friend is gone for the rest of the week and I get the awesome opportunity to milk her goats. She showed me how to run the routine a couple of days ago which looked quick and easy enough. Tomorrow morning will be my first time milking Hazel, the goat, myself. I went and separated her three cute babies tonight which was fun to do considering I had not seen how she catches those quick kids. I ended up carrying them one by one into the pen. It was fun except I sneezed nonstop until I changed my cloths and washed my arms afterwards. I think I might be allergic.

The goat milk is worth all the sneezes. My boys chug it where they will barely drink cows milk unless it is raw...and that is just so darn expensive. I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of Hazel's female babies to be our family milking goat next year. The next several days of milking will help me decide. Here is to hoping for a positive experience. I'm feeling good about this venture. :o)

0 comments: