Thank you to those who kept Alexander in your prayers and have called with concern. Yesterday Alexander pretty much slept and when he was awake he was throwing up about every 20 minutes or so. Around 7 pm (about 24 hours) after the accident he was finally able to keep some water mixed with soda and Gatorade down for at least an hour before throwing up.
Alexander has been able to eat a little bit today and has kept all liquids down as well. He is sitting up and this evening desires to be up and active. He is doing so much better!
We will still have to limit his activities for a couple of weeks and especially for the next several days. So I think we will end up doing our own little family 4th of July party. I think if we were with cousins there would be too much temptation for Alexander to wrestle and run around like a wild animal. I'm just so very grateful he is healing quickly.
Watching Alexander suffer or when my children give me "scares" (like a couple weeks ago when we couldn't find William in the woods when we went to the family cabin and ended up finding him sitting right next to the rushing waters with his feet sticking in) is so emotionally exhausting. All these horror thoughts go through my brain and I get sick to my stomach, and then I start getting a rush of guilt that maybe I have been too hard on my children- do they really truly know how much I love them?, followed by a renewed since of commitment to be a better mother. All of these thoughts, plus a few dozen others, all within a few seconds.
Then the mother bear in me takes over and I just want to do everything in my power to save, nurture and protect my child. Even from their own pain which I know is impossible to do which really zaps my emotional energy even more. I use what sanity I have just to keep praying for their recovery. Oh the powerful emotions of a mother!
May Activities
13 years ago
2 comments:
I'm not due till the 29th. And I don't exspect to have any action early. As long as I don't get to hot and I don't over do it I feel just fine. I'm looking forward to the news when you post it.
Amen! To everything you said! I'm there with you - it's so hard and yet rewarding being a mommy!
Post a Comment