Yesterday when Taylor (the girl a month younger than Alexander we have over every week) came to the house, she brought her new baby doll she received for her birthday. Alexander wanted to play with it too. He wanted to put the pacifier in the baby's mouth, but Taylor did not want the doll to be touched. I watched as Alexander had several failed attempts to get a chance with the doll. All of a sudden he runs out of the room and comes back with a toy that he knows Taylor loves. (A pill bottle with some beans inside to make noise) He shakes in front of her. She drops the doll, Alexander takes it and runs! I can't believe my 13 month old figured that out all by himself!
Later in the day I walk out of the living room to put something away. By the time I came back he had managed to open the mini baby power bottle and was shaking it "down his front", where it is suppose to go but under his diaper and cloths. I had to laugh.
Even though I laughed yesterday it was still one of my more stressed out times. It was a mix of hormones, lack of sleep, running out of energy to keep up with my kid while still trying to get things done around the house the needed to be done. I must admit, I cried. Initially my brain took it as a sign of weakness, but I think that there are times when a mom just needs to hug their kids and cry. You love them to death, but you just get so exhausted. After I cried, I felt much better.
Sweet Gordon heard my exhaustion and frustration in my voice on the phone. He came home with a beautiful, bright bouquet of flowers and a pumpkin cheesecake shake which I have been looking forward to all year long.(I don't have ice cream shakes very often, but that is one flavor I love which only comes in the fall.) I married the kindest man there ever was! Fours years later and he still inspires me daily to be a better person. He is so awesome.
May Activities
13 years ago
1 comments:
I heard those DQ pumpkin shakes are really good. I need to try one! I hope things are going well for you guys!
Post a Comment