Monday, October 6, 2008

Relief and Stress

So Conference weekend was good. We had the chance to go up to the homestead to be with family we hadn't seen for awhile. It was nice to be with family and I really felt the spirit in the Conference messages I was able to hear. I look forward to getting the conference Ensign...I will be highlighting a lot!

Along with listening to uplifting conference, I had the chance to have almost a complete full day all to myself on Sunday. It was so nice to be able to come home, work on projects while listening to conference and take a good long nap. Sunday was the first time since Alexander has been born that I have had a day all to myself!

Alexander is really not a hard kid to take care of, but it is a sweet mental relief to know you have nothing and no one to worry about or think about but yourself for a time. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice. I felt rejuvenated and I was able to get a lot done at the home. I didn't realize just how much of a weight it is to be a mother 24/7. Maybe there are mothers out there who have the ability to mentally shut their kids out of the brain when they want to get projects done, but I have not. So all in all, Sunday was wonderful! Sorry to those who took offense to my mental splurge- I never meant for anyone to be hurt.

1 comments:

Krista said...

i completely understand!!
saturday riley took the girls for the day so i could have all day to catch up and listen to conference...i LOVED it.
...much needed alone time for me this week!...every mom needs this every so often to "refuel"!! :)