Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Another punch to the Stomach

Well it seems like Heavenly Father is testing me to see just how bad I want to get my degree. I went to get my graduation clearance today and was told that I need to take one more class. It was a transfering credits advising error on their part, although they will never admit it because "students are the stupid ones." I am amazed that three years, 5 transcript evaluations, and two extra classes beyond orginal requirements later, I am thrown ANOTHER punch to the stomach.

Somtimes I just feel like putting myself in a quiet corner and just letting all the "challanges" rain/pour down from above. When it stops raining, I will get up and face it all rejuvinated with "super power." Reality is, I know that God knows I can handle this and whatever I feel weak in, he can make me strong. What is that famous quote?...What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger? :o) I also like the quote..
"What is pain?..It is weakness leaving the body."

Anyways...we discovered that Alexander's two bottom teeth have broken through! He has been ill this past week, so I thought his fever was just from his cold, but it was the combination of the cold and his teeth coming in. He handled it really well. Hopefully the rest will come as easily.

Gordon left this morning for Reeno. We drove him up to the university at 5:00 this morning to meet the other teams and load the bus. Before leaving, I prayed that the bus would function properly and that the bus driver would stay awake and alert for the long drive. About an hour after dropping Gordon off, I called him to see how they were doing and he said that the bus driver had rear-ended someone on the highway and that they were pulled over with cops around! I had to laugh. Luckily no one was seriously hurt and they ended up making it to their destination safely despite all the snow.

I sure go crazy when he is gone. It is like my energy to get anything done is gone and I get lonely. I love having little Alexander to play with, but I go crazy for some adult conversation. So I made plans with friends for the rest of the week and weekend.

2 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

Oh honey!!! That's Weber State for ya. They are somethin...
I'm sorry that Gordon is gone...if you get too lonely, i'm right around the corner!!
I want to squish Alexander's cheeks!
Love you,

Tam

It all began here said...

Alana, You are such a beautiful mom. I watch your blog and am amazaed at your deep love for your family and the gospel. You are a lovely example for me.

Alexander is so darling, you are right, I see so many "little" features of you and Gordon.

Love you guys.