Thursday, February 21, 2008

Goals- Update

Here is an update on the new years goals,

1. I am not training for the Wasatch Back or the Ogden Marathon anymore, but I am still planning on running the Salt Lake Half Marathon. Between school work, church callings, Alexander and the family sickness that keeps circulating, I just can not seem to keep a good training/running schedule. The good news is...
2. we have lost some weight. Gordon has lost over 20 pouns since Christmas and me, 12. It is amazing just how quickly men can lose weight...it seems like I have to work double time. Workouts have been rather enjoyable...we start out playing an hour of racquetball with other teams (doubles or cut-throat)and then do another hour of weights or cardio. The slim-quick weight lose commercial keeps coming to mind.."Now we're both unhappy." chuckle!!
3. I am much more peaceful when driving. I still catch myself getting tense and irritated every once in awhile, expecially when I am running late to get somewhere. The key for peaceful driving for me.....leave plenty early so I can take my time getting to the location and really listen to music instead of hearing "noise."
4. Last goal- to graduate. So far the grade in my class is on track so I can graduate. Lets pray it stays that way! :o) As for the rest, the previous blog explains it all.

3 comments:

Morgan, Rachel, and Jonathan Parrish said...

Wow! Way to go you two! You both have lost so much weight! That is awesome! I wish I lived closer to you Alana, because I was in the best shape when we could run together once in a while. That one long run over the ID/UT border was so much fun. If only there were more days like that....
Way to go!!

Matchbox Mom said...

Wow! You guys are amazing! I sure love ya, and dont forget you've got a built in babysitter right here! Anytime you need me, i'm here!
Love ya

Unknown said...

Hey guys, I just found your blog. Sounds like life is sure moving for you. It was really good seeing you in Dec. We need more times like that. We'll have to keep in touch. Alexander is growing up fast and so cute!
Love,
Lauren Bush