Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunny Day at Last!




Yeah, we finally have a break from the snow and grey skies. It will be short lived though...we are expected to recieve several inches of snow on Wednesday. I am so anxious to get my car cleaned inside and out. I am usually pretty particular with how clean my car is, but this has been record amount time between washings!

Alexander is growing like a weed! I am sure he is 29-30 inches long by now and he is getting tons of new hair growth. You can hardly notice his bald spot and his golden-red hair combs so nicely to the side for church and going out. He is so handsome. I see some of my father in him, particulary his lips, and I also see my father-in-laws cleft chin, my eyes, and Gordon's nose and hair color. You can definitly tell he is our child! He is a very independent baby...he will be a handful once he can crawl. He already likes to pull the table cloth off the table and anything else he can get his hands on while in his walker.

He is a patient baby though. I've had to take him up to the university several times in the last couple weeks to meet with my team for my last class, and he has done very well. I am grateful for that. This strategic management class is a lot of work, but it is pretty fun. Basically my team in responcible for controlling a million dollar business and we are suppose to make it even more profitable. We make across the board decissions, i.e. HR, R&D, financing, production, marketing...etc, so in sense we are CEO's and we are competing against other rival product companies to steal the market.

Gordon is going to be gone pretty much this week to compete in an estimating competition in Reno, Nevada. He had a blast last year at the competition and he learned so much from the experience, that he has been pumped to go back and try to get the scholarship and maybe a new job opportunity. We are still unsure of where will be moving for graduate school. Hopefully we will know within the next couple of months. I am getting buggy to move on with life.

As far as my new year's goals....well, I have lost some weight, but it is so much harder to train for a marathon with a baby, and it being in the middle of winter, and a husband going to school and work full time. It was only with Gordon's support that I was able to run the Arizona marathon last time. So, I am just training for the Salt Lake Half marathon for now. My sisters Britney and Julie and their friends are going to run the half with me. It will be fun.

Well, I had better sign off. Alexander is pulling the trash can over and blowing spit bubbles at me to get attention.

0 comments: